ag lorg leabhar (looking for a book)

Fáilte (Welcome) Forums General Discussion (Irish and English) ag lorg leabhar (looking for a book)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Antaine
    Participant

So as I work on my dissertation, it has become evident that I really can’t get away without having a copy of Charles Kickham’s last novel, For The Old Land; A Tale Of Twenty Years Ago. I prefer a physical copy to an electronic one (and a facsimile or antique to an OCR version), but at this point I think I’d be happy to have it in any format. Does anyone know where I can get my hands (or at least eyes) on one?

Wee_Falorie_Man
    Participant

There are some copies for sale at AbeBooks:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=charles+kickham&sts=t&tn=for+the+old+land

I recommend the one for $1,174.36 😉

Antaine
    Participant

GRMA! I’d prefer to find one that clocks in at less than $75 if possible, but I suppose that places it within reach if I cannot…

Antaine
    Participant

…and no sooner had I posted that, then I found an antique on Amazon for $35. All morning long, Amazon said there were no copies to be had, and then this. Who said it never works to wash your car in order to make it rain? Ha!

Thanks again for the link, and thanks to everyone who tried looking, even if they didn’t post here.

Wee_Falorie_Man
    Participant

Wow, $35 – that’s a great price!

It’s nice to see that you’re putting those psychic powers to good use 🙂

Antaine
    Participant

Tá ceart agat! Is seanleabhar é ó 1904 as leabharlann i gColorado.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.