An gcuideoidh tú liom?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Baz
    Participant

Dia daoibh. Ta fadhb orm?

An bhlain seo Chugiann , bheid me ag pósadh.

I would love to have a non religious reading at our ceremony but a lot of the readings I have found aren’t suitable. I am wondering if anyone knows of any readings/website that would be suitable?

Time is ticking and I’ve yet to find a suitable reading. So if anyone can help, Id be very grateful.

Go raibh mhaith agat.

Baz

Baz
    Participant

Can anyone help me?

Des Nolan
    Participant

Hi,

There is very little on the web in ‘Irish’ for weddings of a religious nature and even less of a non-religious nature.

But if it’s of any help I do have 14 page PDF document containing Blessings/Toasts (not all religious), Prayers and scripture for Weddings that I put together after doing a few days of online research. The document does contains a short-list of online sites and references from which I drew my material from. Everything in the document is give in Irish, English and phonetically. (Phonetics could do with a proof-reading by me…to be done over Christmas).

For non-religious material such as a poem you could consult one of the many fine poetry books in Irish.

Email me at DesNolan@OptOnline.Net if you want a copy.

For anyone else who may be interested, I also have a document for Common Prayers, and another for Funerals.

Des Nolan
    Minister of Universal Life Church

Baz
    Participant

Hello Des Nolan.

Thank you very much for your response . Since then I have asked a friend to translate a Shakespeare Sonnet as gaeilge.

Gur a mile maith agat agus Nollaig Shona duit .

Baz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.