Cupla focail as Gaeilge do mo Posadh

Fáilte (Welcome) Forums General Discussion (Irish and English) Cupla focail as Gaeilge do mo Posadh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Baz
    Participant

Dia Dhaoidh,

I will be getting married in a few weeks and I would love to say a few in Irish.

I will doing a speech and would love to welcome and thank everyone for coming as gaeilge. If any one could suggest some welcoming words, i’d be greatly appreciative.

Go raibh maith agat

Baz

Héilics Órbhuí
    Participant

Ba mhaith liom (or ‘linn’ if you want to say this comes from you and your spouse) fearadh na failte a chuir romhaibh = I’d like to heartily welcome you all

agus buiochas a thabhairt daoibh as teacht = and thank you for coming

There may be other more standardized or established things to say at the beginning of a wedding, but these are general things one could say to welcome people and are (hopefully) correct 😉

Onuvanja
    Participant

Looks good to me, just a couple of spelling correction. It should read “a chur” and the “a” in “failte” and the “i” in “buiochas” have length marks on them (fáilte and buíochas).

Héilics Órbhuí
    Participant

Thanks, I wrote that at work where I don’t know how to make the fadas on a PC (on Mac they’re quite easy). I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that he’d know which words I meant 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.