Gaelgeóirí i Memphis, TN

Fáilte (Welcome) Forums General Discussion (Irish and English) Gaelgeóirí i Memphis, TN

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    An Poc ar Bun
    Participant

Dia daoibh, y’all

I have two questions for ye:

1. Does anyone know of any Irish speakers in the Memphis, TN area? Dún na nGall dialect would be preferred, but is not necessary.

and 2. Does anyone know of a cheap place to buy copies of Tús Maith? I know about Litríocht and An Siopa Gaeilge/Oideas-Gael, but they are still a little expensive given that the materials will be bought with USD and shipped to na Stáit.

I’m a dalta i mbunrang who is organising a class with a speaker near Memphis. I’d like to find as many speakers as possible for support and what-not.

Go raibh míle maith agaibh!

Y’all reply back now, ya hear? =D

féabar
    Participant

You can buy Tús Maith from Oideas Gael or LItriocht. They are both very reasonable and they give great service. The price is dirt cheap for what you are getting. The author put a lot of work into it and it would be a bargain if you had to pay 4X the price.

padraiginrua
    Participant

Sometimes you can find Irish texts on Amazon – worth a try

An Poc ar Bun
    Participant

Go raibh maith agat, féabar. I’m glad to hear you say that the book is so good and that the price is quite reasonable. I’m having such a hard time finding a place to buy it second-hand, I will probably go ahead and get it from Litríocht or Oideas Gael.

Rath
    Participant

Daltaí has copies of Tús Maith 1 & 2 available – if you’re interested write me – rath1 @ daltai dot com
    The cost is $50 for each level – but I do think they’re worth it – the book is comprehensive and comes with 3 CDs – so the price really isn’t bad.
    I’ve used them as a basis to teach from and think they’re well organized and good for adult learners.

Rath

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.