Gaelic League at my school

Fáilte (Welcome) Forums General Discussion (Irish and English) Gaelic League at my school

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    óseanacháin
    Participant

I was hoping to make a Gaelic league organization at my school with an emphasis on Gaeilge. Is there a larger organization in America that could maybe acknowledge us as a group? (like how the political parties acknowledge and help college organizations of their own.) Also any tips on the creation of the group in general? Go raibh maith agat

Séril Báicéir
    Participant

I don’t know of any larger organization in America besides Daltaí…at least not one that covers a large area of the country or is national. I think it’s up to local groups at the moment.

Seáinín
    Participant

Conradh na Gaeilge purports to be such an organization. I don’t know how successful they have been, or anything about their history in the USA, their relationship to other organizations like Daltaí, etc. They do have a registration page (https://cnag.ie/index.php?page=subscriber) that suggests it is possible to do what you are trying to do under their auspices.

It will be interesting to hear what others’ experience is with them.

óseanacháin
    Participant

Go raibh maith agat. I was just curious. It’s not as though it’s necessary. I can always get support from everyone on Daltaí for it anyways.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.