Getting Reacquainted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SeánW
    Participant

Hello everyone. I haven’t posted here since last June, and before then I didn’t post since the old forum was boarded up. Every June we have the Irish Fair here, and I get re-enthused about Irish. Some of the oldies can judge here how good I was, but I have gotten super rusty in the mean-time. I got frustrated that my life is busy enough that I really had little extra time to learn a language with very few in-person resources. I tend on the perfectionist side, so it just fizzled when it seemed I wasn’t progressing. Now I’d like to reconnect those synapse connections and just have fun learning Irish, and not really care how good I am, or whether it will ever do any good in any practical concrete sort of way. So I should be here now and again in a more active way. We’ll see. I am sure everyone was waiting with bated breath, but I figure I’d re-announce my participation.

aonghus
    Participant

Fáilte ar ais. Ach tá na bólaí seo éirithe ana chiúin.

Onuvanja
    Participant

Fáilte romhat ar ais, a SheáinW! Ná bíodh imní ort. Tá mé féin ag foghlaim Gaeilge le beagnach fiche bliain, ach is beag dul chun cinn atá déanta ‘am le tamall. Deirtear gurb é an “bealach” an rud is tábhachtaí, seachas an ceann scríbe. Mar sin, coinnímis orainn agus bainimis taithneamh agus tairbhe as comhluadar a chéile!

Seáinín
    Participant

Tá fáilte romhat, a Sheáin.

SeánW
    Participant

An bhfuil tú a mholadh áit eile?

aonghus
    Participant

Níl, dáiríre. Is ar Twitter is mó a labhraímse Gaeilge na laethanta seo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.