Irish Language Weekend – Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeilge – 9 – 11 November 2018

Fáilte (Welcome) Forums General Discussion (Irish and English) Irish Language Weekend – Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeilge – 9 – 11 November 2018

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Liam MacGiodaire
    Keymaster

Daltaí na Gaeilge will hold our Irish Language Immersion Weekend on November 9th – 11th. Two years ago we returned at long last to Jamison, Pennsylvania, and had a fabulous time. We will be returning there again this year, and hope to have the pleasure of your company. Overnight attendees who register by October 26th (either by mail or online) will receive a $10 discount.

And don’t forget about the special events that will be held on Saturday night. After dinner we will have a fireside seisiún (indoors this year). And immediately following that we will have our annual Costume Céilí. Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes (or the ones that are the most interesting, strange, outlandish, etc). As always, we are assured to have a night overflowing with spórt, spraoi agus seafóid !

We anticipate that two FLTAs will take part as teachers and lecturers (Pádraig Mc Gonagle and Art Ó Suilleabháin). This is made possible thanks to generous support form the Fulbright Commission in Ireland and the Irish Government’s Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, for which we are very grateful. We would love to see you there. General Information, Directions and a Registration Form are available in the DALTAÍ SHOP: http://www.daltai.com/shop/

Joan the 3rd
    Participant

I just registered for this. Anyone else here going? I live in Alaska but will be traveling on the East coast in early November and am So thrilled I’ll get to attend. No other Irish speakers here in Ketchikan 😉

Would love to chat with anyone else planning on attending, or hear from anyone who’s been to a past event, just to hear how you liked it.

Héilics Órbhuí
    Participant

Not sure if I’m going this year but have been in the past. You will have a great time! It’s a nice location, friendly staff, great opportunity to learn and practice your Irish at any level.

Joan the 3rd
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! I’ve heard from one other person so far who’s familiar, & said there’s normally something like 60-90 people there! Phew, so exciting ^_^

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.