Irish Tattoo Handbook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ailís Nic Liam
    Participant

No one’s answered my question about tattoos further down the forum, and I haven’t been able to find posting guidelines, so I’m just going to go ahead and post this. Moderators, if it’s in violation of the rules, please do remove it.

I am the author of a book that will be coming out in May called “The Irish Gaelic Tattoo Handbook.” Its aim is to help tattoo seekers learn how to use the internet to their advantage so they can get an Irish tattoo that is both grammatically and culturally accurate. It also contains a glossary of more than 400 frequently requested translations, which is being vetted by two professional Irish-language proofreaders/editors.

If Daltaí would be interested in having this forum listed as a possible resource for translation/confirmation, I’ll be happy to include it (I already mention Daltaí.com as a place to go for information on teachers, immersion events, and seanfhocáil). If not, or if I don’t hear back, I won’t.

Below is a link to the book’s promotion page. There is a link there to sign up for the publisher’s email list if you’d like to be notified when it is available.

“Audrey Nickel” is my real name. “Ailís Nic Liam” is a pseudonym I often use on the internet.

http://www.bradanpress.com/irish-tattoo-handbook/

Liam MacGiodaire
    Keymaster

A Ailís, a chara,

I saw your original posting and was waiting to see if there was an response from the ‘usual’ posters to this site, figuring that they would ultimately be rendering assistance (or not). I suppose that they were a little reluctant to give you an ‘official’ answer. Ar aon chuma, since your project is directly related to the Irish language Daltaí would not object to having the FORUMS listed as a possible resource. Of course, any help on this site is always dependent upon the kindness of our members. Whether and how to respond to particular requests for assistance will ultimately be made by them. I know that that is obvious, but it had to be stated, just to be clear.

Go n-éirí go geal leat,

Liam

Ailís Nic Liam
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

In the past, Daltaí hasn’t done tattoo translations as a matter of policy, but I don’t know if that’s still the case.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.