Latest news on new Gaeltacht

Fáilte (Welcome) Forums General Discussion (Irish and English) Latest news on new Gaeltacht

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Seosamh 2012
    Participant

This is an old topic
    http://www.thejournal.ie/clondalkin-could-be-dublins-first-official-gaeltacht-350427-Feb2012/

Does anyone have any news on the new Gaeltacht?
    grma

Misneach
    Participant

I don’t have info on Clondalkin but Glór na nGael Ballymun have been trying to set up a new Gaeltacht. They have bought a site and have space on it for 38 houses Hope this goes ahead!

Seosamh 2012
    Participant

I don’t have info on Clondalkin but Glór na nGael Ballymun have been trying to set up a new Gaeltacht. They have bought a site and have space on it for 38 houses Hope this goes ahead!

All I could find was the announcement from 2012,
    is there any recent news?

GRMA

Misneach
    Participant

Article in yesterdays Sunday Business Post 9/3/14 regarding a new Gaeltacht Quarter in Dublin city website is subscription

Is now the time for an urban Gaelteacht?
    9 March 2014 by Carol Tallon

Carol Tallon Talking PropertyA forward-looking Irish-speaking community in the heart of Dublin would be a fitting symbol of the recovering market

Basically a group of us have the idea of an Irish speaking community with property to rent as well as buy, a hostel for learners to stay in, a hall for yoga and other classes, a cafe bar, vegetable and herb garden. This is different to the proposed Ballymun Gaeltacht and the project is called Gaeltán 2016to be completed at latest end 2016.

Seosamh2012
    Participant

Are there any Irish language groups meeting regularly in the West Dublin area?
    grma

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.