Need some feedback on my Irish speaking YouTube channel

Fáilte (Welcome) Forums General Discussion (Irish and English) Need some feedback on my Irish speaking YouTube channel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    codasgaeilge
    Participant

hi guys my channel is a computer game channel called codasgaeilge. I don’t get many views which is quite sad because it makes me feel like our language is dying. I am a fluent native Irish speaker. Any tips on how to improve aspects of the channel would be hugely appreciated!

http://Www.YouTube.com/codasgaeilge
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Call-Of-Duty-As-Gaeilge/454660647924548?ref=stream

Catriona
    Participant

Do you do any other games? I know my brother plays Call of Duty but he only knows the bits of Irish that I’ve talked to him about. If you did say, Minecraft or something, more of a variety you’d at least get me. 🙂

codasgaeilge
    Participant

Do you do any other games? I know my brother plays Call of Duty but he only knows the bits of Irish that I’ve talked to him about. If you did say, Minecraft or something, more of a variety you’d at least get me. 🙂

Yes I definitely want to play a wide variety of games as that’s the type of gamer I am. I’m in my mid twenties and have a had a passion for gaming my whole life. But I can’t make videos of more games until I invest in a good capture device and laptop/pc. Just wondering if its worth my time. I love Irish and want to promote in a more fun and relevant way.

Thanks for your feedback and your offer to subscribe if I started posting minecraft. I’ll try my best to set that up (and yes I do play minecraft)

Héilics Órbhuí
    Participant

I just checked out one of your videos. Excellent work! I am not a huge gamer (I play the odd game every now and then) but it’s really nice to see more current subject matter being explored – Makes a nice break from the interviews with aging authors and musicians talking about the island where they grew up 😉 (Not that there’s anything wrong with that either, mind you).

codasgaeilge
    Participant

I just checked out one of your videos. Excellent work! I am not a huge gamer (I play the odd game every now and then) but it’s really nice to see more current subject matter being explored – Makes a nice break from the interviews with aging authors and musicians talking about the island where they grew up 😉 (Not that there’s anything wrong with that either, mind you).

Wow thanks a lot for your positive comments, such words of praise make me think I should invest more in this channel.
    And you make a great point which I discussed in my first video, and that is that there is not enough modern content out there to make a new young generation interested in Irish. I love the history of our language and things such as the blasket islands more than most people as its a big part of my families history, but these things are not relevant to young people who are being taught Irish in secondary or primary school. Also most of the music is just not good imo, my parents have r na g on the radio all day and the music on it just doesn’t interest me, apart from one DJ show who plays music from all around the world but the show is presented in Irish. It’s called an taobh tuthaill I think, cian o ciobhain is the DJs name.

Anyways a subscription would be hugely appreciated so I’m not forgotten, and if there’s any folks you know who may be interested in hearing Irish in a more fun way please feel free to post a link to their Facebook wall as this may help spread the word about that such a channel exists!

Héilics Órbhuí
    Participant

I definitely think you should do more along these lines! At this point in the “revival” of Irish, wealth of content is crucial. As far as the numbers that I have seen indicate, young people are more interested in Irish than they have been. The only problem is that the things they’re interested in is still almost all in English. When you have people who want to use something but have nothing to use it on, so to speak, that’s a real limiting factor. The more people like you there are who keep things fresh and add to that content, the better. And you got another subscriber out of me 😉

codasgaeilge
    Participant

I definitely think you should do more along these lines! At this point in the “revival” of Irish, wealth of content is crucial. As far as the numbers that I have seen indicate, young people are more interested in Irish than they have been. The only problem is that the things they’re interested in is still almost all in English. When you have people who want to use something but have nothing to use it on, so to speak, that’s a real limiting factor. The more people like you there are who keep things fresh and add to that content, the better. And you got another subscriber out of me 😉

Go raibh míle maith agar tá dearcadh iontach agat maith thú!

codasgaeilge
    Participant

Yes I am

codasgaeilge
    Participant

So your mother is from Corca Dhuibhne?

Who knows could be but I’ve already given enough details!

Héilics Órbhuí
    Participant

…. nm

codasgaeilge
    Participant

…. nm

I don’t understand what “Lego blocks” means?

Héilics Órbhuí
    Participant

Sorry, I realized it was an esoteric joke based on an earlier thread that you would have no knowledge of, so I removed the comment, but apparently not quickly enough 😛

codasgaeilge
    Participant

Sorry, I realized it was an esoteric joke based on an earlier thread that you would have no knowledge of, so I removed the comment, but apparently not quickly enough 😛

Oh go maith. Cheapas go rabhais ag magadh mo ghaelainn :/

Héilics Órbhuí
    Participant

Ni raibh! Feach do PM mas mian leat breis eolas a fhail faoi 😛

codasgaeilge
    Participant

A Codasgaeilge, ná beir leat gur ag magadh féd chuid Gaelainne a bhíos so, ach go háirithin. Tá do chuidse foghraíochta i bhfaid níosa bhfearr ná mar athá age scata, a tógadh i bhfaid ón nGaeltacht. Ach tánn tú ag déanamh do dhíchill, bail ó Dhia ort.

Ach, maidir leis an gcluiche ríomhaireachta san, n’fheadar ab é a leithéid is fearr chuin daoine a tharrac i leith na teangan. An bhfeadraís cé hiad an CIA? “Black Ops”? Dein an scéal a dh’iniúchadh dhuit féin. Ardfhear.

Ní chreidim aon rud a dheir tú, tá tú ag spaladh cach. Tá sé soiléar do gach éinne go cluiche ríomhaire Ana cháiliúl is ea call of duty Mar sin coiméad do xhchach fút héin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.