New Resource!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rosie
    Participant

I’ve just completed a deck of flashcards in the TinyCards app…(“Irish Nouns: Food and Drink Vol. 1)! I have many more decks in the works (basic phrases, around the house, people, animals, verb roots, colors, etc.) and some are nearly completed! Thank you to everyone on Daltaí that have taken the time to answer my many questions. Use “Lesson” mode to slowly learn the cards in increments, or use “Quiz” mode to test yourself on the ENTIRE deck and get a score at the end! Download the TinyCards app (made by Duolingo and 100% free!) and search for Rosie O’Leary…y’all tell me what you think!

Asarlaí
    Participant

Hi Rosie, I really like the duolingo app and use it for Irish and Welsh on my android. Whenever I search for the tinycards.app in the Google store, it just offers up the duolingo app and shows that I already have it installed. I’d love to take the quiz you compiled but can’t seem to find it. Am I looking in the right place for the app? Grma

Rosie
    Participant

Thanks so much for your interest, Asarlaí! Dang. 😬 Unfortunately, I have no clue how Android or the Google App Store works. I have an iPhone myself. Maybe TinyCards isn’t available for Android, but I really don’t know. I hope you can find it though! Is there anyone out there reading this (with an Android) who can help? Thanks! 👍🏼😃……..p.s. just checked out those videos. AWESOME! It’s sounds Ulster, which is just exactly what I’m trying to learn! 👍🏼

Asarlaí
    Participant

Many thanks, Rosie. It’s probably just a case of boomertech on my behalf. Glad you like the ‘An Grá Faoi Ghlas’ videos. They once had Irish subtitles on them but YT changed the settings over the years and now they’ve disappeared. I’ve always felt that learners could learn much quicker if all visual Irish language media had the choice of Irish language subtitles as well as or instead of English. After all, surely subtitles are also for people who are hard of hearing. I wish TG4 would include the option of Irish language subtitles as it’d benefit everyone. (now I’ve wished it, it’ll come true!) – Keep up the great work and may your passion for the language last a lifetime.

Rosie
    Participant

🙃 👍🏼

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.