June 6, 2012 at 10:23 am #36279LiamOParticipant
I’m looking for the book mentioned above , but more importantly the tapes/recordings that go along with it. I have a friend that could lend me the book, but she cannot find the tapes. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I must have listened to this:
about one hundred times already!
Thanks.June 9, 2012 at 11:46 pm #42066TuigimParticipant
The book and cassette
Title: Stories of Sea and Shore / Scéalta Chois Cladaigh
Authors: John Henry / Séamas O Catháin
Paperback (illustrated) 75 pages + 1 sound cassette (analog)
Publish: January 1983 by Comhairle Bhéaloideas Éireann, University College.
10 digit ISBN: 0906426146
13 digit ISBN: 9780906426142.
is available from the following libraries according to http://www.worldcat.org/title/stories-of-sea-and-shore/oclc/017413779
1. University of California, Los Angeles
2. University of California Los Angeles Southern Regional Library Facility
3. University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
4. University of Mississippi J.D. Williams Library
5. Newberry Library Chicago
6. University of Notre Dame Hesburgh Library
7. Cornell University Library Ithaca NY
8. Library of Congress Washington, DC
9. Elms College Alumnae Library Chicopee, MA
10. Saint Anselm College Geisel Library Manchester, NH
11. Boston College Thomas P. O’Neill Library
12. Memorial University Memorial University of Newfoundland St. John’s, Canada
13. The National & University Library of Iceland Reykjavik
14. National Library of Ireland Dublin Call number 3A 2905 Main Reading Room Books
15. National University of Ireland, Galway James Hardiman Library
16. National University of Ireland, Maynooth NUI Maynooth
17. Saint Patrick’s College – Drumcondra Dublin
18. University College Dublin, James Joyce Library
19. The British Library, British National Bibliography Wetherby, West Yorkshire
20. University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Lampeter Campus Library
21. The British Library, St. Pancras London
22. University of Cambridge Cambridge University Library
23. University of Oxford Oxford
24. Utrecht University Library Netherlands
25. Cobiss.SI – Izum Slovenian Union Catalog (COBIB/COBISS), Institute of Information Science
26. University of Sydney University of Sydney Campus
27. National Library of Australia (NLA) CanberraSeptember 4, 2012 at 4:25 am #42515TuigimParticipant
I have some of the stories on my blog now http://ancroiait.wordpress.com/category/scealta-chois-cladaigh/
It looks like the tapes were recorded badly and were all messed up. I’ll keep trying from other universities here and see can I get a decent one. Does anyone know how to de-scramble tapes? As a last resort I was thinking of writing to Máirtín Tom Sheáinín and sending him a copy of the book and asking him to read them and record them (maybe a story a day on RnaG) and then releasing them in mp3 form.
What kills me is that there seems to have been years of recording but no one knows where there are and I get no answers to emails from UCD. It is frustrating.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.