Seeking Participants for Linguistic Research on Munster Irish

Fáilte (Welcome) Forums General Discussion (Irish and English) Seeking Participants for Linguistic Research on Munster Irish

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    eileenblum1
    Participant

I am a doctoral student in the Rutgers University Department of Linguistics, and I am researching the Irish language. Specifically, I am studying the variety of Irish spoken in Munster.

I am currently looking for people who grew up in Munster speaking Irish. My research study involves reading words and sentences in Irish and answering questions about the language.

Participants must be native speakers of Munster Irish, be at least 18 years old, and be able to read Irish standard spelling. Participants must have grown up in the province of Munster, and have spoken Irish as their primary language at home as they were growing up. The study will take place in the Rutgers Phonology Laboratory (Phonolab) (Rutgers Center for Cognitive Science, Room 130 and 130A, Psychology Building Addition, Busch Campus, Piscataway, NJ and there will be up to three recording sessions between 15 and 45 minutes each.

Participants will be paid $20-.

If you or someone you know is interested, please contact Eileen Blum at eileen.blum@rutgers.edu or (510)407-2646.

eileenblum1
    Participant

I will also be able to reimburse travel expenses.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.