Study Group?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SGM
    Participant

Dia dhaoibh, a chairde

it’s been a while… and I forgot so much 🙁

I want to try a new approach … not only book learning but actually use the language!
    Is there a group in Skype or TeamSpeak where one could practice conversations?

Eynar
    Participant

Dia ‘s Máire duit.

This is my first post here. I have the same question. However, no one replied this after more than one month.

So I assume there is not such a group.

Then, I suggest we create one ourselves. The problem is I am a complete newbie, I just want to start using the language to start learning (this is more useful than reading lengthy books).

How does it sound?

Seáinín
    Participant

In my experience it has been necessary to first build relationships with other Irish learners before getting people to agree to do phone or Skype calls together. I have been attending DnG events for the past year and it was at the most recent one that it finally seemed appropriate to ask people if they would like to do this. Before that I would have maybe one conversation in Irish every 2 or 3 weeks. Now I have a couple every week. I think your goal is correct. Just don’t take it personally, or get discouraged if people you’ve never met don’t seem eager to make arrangements with you. With time, persistence and patience you may build the relationships you want.

Eynar
    Participant

In my experience it has been necessary to first build relationships with other Irish learners

Thanks for your advice Seáinín. It could be a good thing to start with Skype chat first. What do you all think?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.