Voicemail Greeting?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ATL4968
    Participant

I’ve searched the post archives and did not find this anywhere. I’m visiting some family over the summer and a few of them are fairly fluent in Irish. I think that they would get a kick if when they called my mobile phone there was an Irish voice mail greeting along the lines “I am not available at the moment, please leave a message”. If that doesn’t translate very well, I could certainly use the shorter “Please leave a message”.

My phone allows me to switch greetings easily so I can use my standard greeting and switch to the Irish one when I am expecting a call from one of the Irish speakers.

I know that you folks get a lot of requests for various words and phrases but this may be a new one. I have attempted to come up with one myself as I have an IrishEnglish dictionary but I did not find the proper words and would probably butcher the grammar and pronunciation, haha.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Regards,

ACM

aonghus
    Participant

Níl mé ar fáil faoi láthair, fág teachtaireacht le do thoil

or

fág teachtaireacht le do thoil

I’d suggest you use http://www.abair.tcd.ie/ to synthesise an MP3 and use that – or at least listen to it to get pronunciation!

ATL4968
    Participant

Wow, that is outstanding. The site to which you sent me was extremely helpful. A few of those words would have given me nightmares as far as pronunciation is concerned.

This is just what I needed. Thanks for your help.

ACM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.