Gaeilge gan Stró! – Beginners Level
A multimedia Irish language course for adults
Author: Éamonn Ó Dónaill
Gaeilge gan Stró! – Beginners Level is a multimedia language course for adult learners of Irish. It’s suitable for those who know no Irish or who only know a few basic sentences. The emphasis is on developing speaking and listening skills but students are also given opportunities to read and write the language. Grammar is taught in context, as it’s required.
The course consists of a book and four audio CDs which are closely linked to the book.
Gaeilge gan Stró! – Beginners Level aims to help those who undertake the course to:
- understand familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases;
- introduce themselves and others, and can ask and answer questions about personal details (e.g. background, where they live, family);
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help;
- learn vocabulary relating to everyday topics;
- gain an understanding of some of the basic aspects of Irish grammar.